Prince Harry’s memoir “Spare” is set to be released on January 10. Excerpts from the book have already been published as the book was mistakenly leaked in Spain before its release.
Read more: These are Prince Harry’s last words to Queen Elizabeth before his death
The memoir focuses on Prince Harry’s life in the royal family, the death of his mother Princess Diana, his relationship with his brother Prince William, his marriage to Meghan Markle, and then the couple’s decision to step down from office. royal. Before the release, Prince Harry took part in his first television interview in which he made various statements.
Here is a preview of what he said:
Read more: Did Prince Harry feel “bigoted” before meeting Meghan Markle? He says…
1. Prince Harry said he wrote the memoir after enduring ’38 years…of intentional twisting and distortion’, adding that he had ‘no intention’ of harming anyone either in his family by publishing the book, but he wanted to express himself as “some members have decided to sleep with the devil to rehabilitate their image”.
2. Upon the death of his mother, Princess Diana, Prince Harry recounted walking behind her coffin at her funeral in 1997, saying, “The bridles are tinkling, you know, going down the mall, the hooves going down the concrete and the occasional… gravel underfoot and the groans of the crowd.
Read more: Lip gloss and baby brains: What did Prince Harry say about Meghan and Kate’s fight?
3. Speaking about his relationship with Prince William, Prince Harry accused him of not doing enough when the media portrayed Meghan Markle in a bad way.
4. Prince Harry also revealed that Prince William and Kate Middleton were fans of the ‘Suits’ show Meghan Markle starred in, but they didn’t expect Prince Harry to get involved with anyone. like Meghan and “there were a lot of stereotypes”.
5. On racism in the royal family, Prince Harry denied that he or Meghan Markle accused the royal family of racism, but said there was an unconscious bias.
6. Condemning media coverage of him and his wife Meghan Markle, Prince Harry accused the media of complicity and collusion with the Palace, as well as racism, cronyism and duplicity.